Need something moving?

Bugsy

Yes, Shipley has sent me 3 emails with messages about firms being interested in my job and wanting more info.  Trouble is, the messages say do not reply to it but use the link dah dah dah.

Links don't work.  What did you do Babbles to "talk" to the firms who have made bids or who want more info?

Bubbles, you might know as well?

Bugs, that site you gave, do they move France-France?

I can't remember exactly but I'm sure there was a button to press to ask questions.

I asked questions and got answers before I agreed to the bid.

Have another try, SW17 - it must be fairly straightforward or I wouldn't have been able to do it! I'm not the world's best at this sort of thing.

I wanted details about the companies involved, address, company registration etc I received assurances but all anonymous, and I was told that they could not give details of the companies involved until I had commited to a quote. There were a couple of bad reviews too, one company did not deliver and another company did not turn up, then quoted a more expensive price for the next date.

Thanks for the info, everybody.

Bubbles, I have managed to get into my Shiply account; seems like I didn't activate it![:$]

Had such a nightmare move last time (yes, PM me if you want to know the firm responsible for that) that I dread subjecting my furniture to the same treatment again.

After all, how many of us can afford to replace the furniture and effects acquired over years?

Other thing is, I don't want "man and van" kind of outfits.  I need someone to wrap up my things carefully, dismantle and re-mantle (I've never heard of such a word either[:D]) my wardrobes and not someone who tells me to look the other way when they move my piano (yes, that's what the last lot told me to do!)

If anyone has had exceptional service within France, could you please give me some details?

Sounds you need a firm I used to know in Israel; the guy had twelve employees who followed him everywhere. Claimed they could move mountains by chanting OMMMMMM. I know they even managed to move a load of stuff across a Sea just by walking on the water. Last I heard, their boss was in trouble with the tax people or something like that. They did tend to be very preachey though! Try [email protected]