Use of Name - maiden/ex-husband's.........

Annsven

If anyone could help with this - I'd be most grateful - I've had a look on previous threads and I can't find anything to answer this specifically.

I am, at present, translating my CV into French in the hope that someone really kind(!) will think about giving me a job when we move out there in August. Although I've been divorced for over 13 years, I chose to keep and use my married name so as not to complicate matters at school etc etc.

When Steve and I bought our house in France last year, and we were warned about this,all legal documents from the Notaires, our immobiliers, our banks, our insurance company were addressed to: Steve and me but they used my maiden name instead of my married name. I don't care less about this but should I still continue to use my married name on my CV and any job application forms I may fill out? I thought about using my maiden name - to keep things easy but then I started thinking that my passport, credit cards (current ones) all have my married name on it. To complicate matters even further, we're getting married in France next year and I'll be changing my name again - last time, I promise!

If anyone could offer me some advice, that would be great.

It will be easier to revert back to your maiden name ,as officially this will be the ones the French admin will use. If you were currently married, you would be referred to as , epouse on most official documents, but since you aren't married they will simply refer to you using the maiden name anyway.

regs

Richard

Whatever your marital status your 'nom de jeune fille' will be used in France a lot on official documentation.I personally wouldn't go to the hastle of changing what you like to be called, the French authorities will still use your maiden name and your married name (whether or not you are still married) and once you have dealt with the various government bodies you can get on with calling yourself what you like!

John and Angie Moore (17)

I would say that as this CV is going to your potential employers, then it should be titled by the name you prefer to be called.

Yes, official docs. nearly all require maiden (birth) name, but it doesn't mean the official who issued it will call you anything other than the name you prefer when speaking to you.

If I introduce myself as Mdme XXX, then that is the name I will be called, regardless of what it says on my forms.

Em