tax

Opalienne

My husband lives in France and I live in the UK during the week and commute at weekends.   He is retired and has only a very small pension - I transfer money to the French bank account for living expenses etc.    He has a 'lettre de domicile' from the Mairie and will be liable for French tax next year.  My question is:  should I be included on his tax return?   I am still resident in the UK and he money I transfer has already been taxed there, so that is not a problem in itself, but should be he listed as living on his own (whcih he does most of the time) with only his own income?  

Many thanks for any advice

[quote]My husband lives in France and I live in the UK during the week and commute at weekends. He is retired and has only a very small pension - I transfer money to the French bank account for living expe...[/quote]

Highly respected and knowledgable as this Forum is, it is not the place to get a definitive answer to your question. You need to seek professional tax advice, unless you want lots of amateur opinion. Every case is different!

C