Aquatic hornet!!

While using our swimming pool this last week, we have been visited a few times by an enormous hornet who lands on our inflatable lilo, has a bit of a drink and then buzzes off.  No probs.  But, the other day my little dog was having a float around on the pool on the lilo as she loves to do, when along came the hornet yet again.  It landed on the lilo first of all as usual but then it landed on my dog's back.  Luckily she didn't seem to notice and I was wary of knocking the thing off her in case it got aggressive and stung either my dog or me!!  My dog then seemed to sense something and swung round to chomp whatever she had on her.  I told her to leave it, frightened that she would get stung in her mouth.  With that she decided to take matters into her own hand (or should that be paws!) and jumped off the lilo into the water and swam to the steps.  I was totally astonished and frightened to notice that the hornet was still on her despite it being totally submerged under the water and for a good few moments too!!  As my dog climbed up the steps it finally flew off.

This has scared me because I thought that if ever the hornet decided to try and land on me, I would just duck under the water to get away from it, but it seems these bloomin things aren't bothered by water

Now, generally speaking,  I'm a live and let live kind of a girl when it comes to wasps and hornets and am of the opinion that if you don't panic and start flapping around these things won't hurt you, but I'm not so sure I could stay calm if ever this hornet decides to land on me while I'm having a swim