New to the forum

heidi

I'm new to this forum but have been visiting it for quite a while, before we bought our place in 56 I used to buy 'Living France' mag which I have put on my 'wish list' for Xmas (a years subscription) as I like reading about how others have made a new life in France and have found it very helpful and informative.

I cant help wondering if this will slow down with the changes in Healthcare. We too will be early retired and will have to pay, we do have a good pension but still it's all very unsettling. I expect I'm not alone and there are many others who feel the same, it's wondering what will be the next change and if France will be a better place because of it?

Healthcare is one aspect to living in another country.  Different people will be affected to different extents.  Different people have different reasons for objecting to the healthcare changes.  One very bad aspect if to apply it to people already resident.  To those who have not yet moved here it is just something to consider - after all the situation France is moving to has been the rule in Spain for ages and loads of Brits move there).

As far as France becoming a "better place" for anything then it will and will not depending on you personal position.  The current healthcare changes make France a better place for some and a worse place for others.  It all depends on personal circumstances and attitudes.  If you are moving to France to be better off financially then healthcare changes might make you "better off" or "worse off" (depends on income, etc.).  If you are moving to get better treatment for a condition then the changes will probably make you "worse-off", etc.  Most people move for broader reasons related to things like lifestyle.

Ian