Getting spruced up

idun

At home I usually wear something comfortable and often it's a good way to wear old clothes. I don't have to worry about them getting marks on them, or damaged when gardening etc.

Still, when I go out, I do get tidied up.

I get spruced up. I make sure that I look nice, well as nice as I can, especially if going to a restaurant. With something nice to wear, nice shoes, bit of slap. And most people seem to make the same effort where we live in the UK, they make an effort, whereas where we lived in France, often we'd see scruffy oiks when we were out to eat on an evening. A good example was when our son was at cooking school and they had a dinner evening for the parents. One of the teachers asked where we were, and our son pointed us out. The teachers said, ah the classy couple. We weren't classy, but we were well dressed for the occassion, and it was an occassion with a very special meal. Most of the parents looked like they'd just come in from doing some gardening.

In France, with it's couture and all those clothes boutiques, how can so many be so scruffy. I admit that in the first city I lived in, every day we'd see french chic at it's best, and it was a pleasure to see. But when we moved to the campagne, then it was all so different.

Quite agree about the spruce although you can't beat a nice smell of pine for making an impact.

My own favourite outfit is a purple shell suit over the top of a string vest with slip-on rubber gardening shoes. Only problem with the shoes is I have to keep them on with luggage straps as they are a bit big for me.

Did you watch Dragon's Den last night? I thought the bungey strap idea to stop tights falling down was a rather nifty idea. Can't get rid of the thought of a bra twanging away when the wearer tries to whip the tights down without thinking.

Now that bungey strap, with knowing nothing about it, sounds like a good idea. I could well have been killed by a pair of M&S tights which started coming down, so this would interest me. Although, what would I attach this thing to if I didn't wear a bra?

[quote user="idun"]

Although, what would I attach this thing to if I didn't wear a bra?

[/quote]

No doubt a Moderator will be along shortly, but I'm pretty certain that this comment breaches the Forum Code of Conduct.  [6]

I feel quite ill. I'll have to lie down in a quite and darkened room.   [:-))]

Sorry to keep you dangling Idun, I had to do a bit of thinking to come up with a solution for you. I think I have it.

In last nights programme the tights had bungeys that sort of hooked onto the fabric of the upper garment. In the absence of said under dungger you could try a couple of suckers, like the ones that you fix a Tomtom to your windscreen with. Be careful not to yank the suckers off though as it's likely to leave a big ugly mark.

Hope this helps.

Well I watched Dragon's Den last night and saw these soutien tights. What nonsense they are, and one could do a mischief if rushing to the toilet and forgetting that the lower underwear was attached to the top set.

I was thinking of getting my friend to make me some of these double ended suspenders though, and this was a timely reminder. Useful, they will be[:D]