No income- what would you do

idun

I had thought that the both parties would need to sign if the property was sold. However, I can think of things I would do, there again, I'm not a person to be messed with. As I said, any absent father who doesn't pay towards their sprogs support should have a choice, pay up or a ziziotomy. I'm sure that they would pay up, and maybe not even grudgingly with such a choice.

Re the purse strings, well I have found that each family has their own way of dealing with the money. Usually it is just one person who deals with it, mainly the woman, I grant you, but I know families where the man deals with it all. And I also know of couples who keep quite separate accounts, the only thing is that when that happens the woman in every case I know of ends up paying for just about everything and I have yet to see it done fairly, although I would hope that that could and does happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the programme and have a lot of sympathy for the wife whose poker playing husband had highsided her and for her determination not to let go of what by then was her and her children's 'home' I understand the kids were being French schooled etc and maybe losing Dad would be bad  enough without further upheaval. That the two ladies had knuckled down with little idea and few airs and graces and now have a little cleaning company..fair play to them.

The former musico in Spain who has the energy to record new songs and shout to his mate in the next valley....should get off his Arris and help his poor missus ...who seems a flaming Saint.

The USA wheelchair renters....I find it hard to believe they had a case. The use of a solicitor beforehand may have been wiser than praying they would get a result out of a business which ultimately went pop.

Would I return to the UK. ...I suspect I would want to try a bit of Good life self sufficiency first..