TV Program Four in a Bed/Three in a Bed

idun

I know that there are b&b owners on here as well as those that run gites.

Would you go on such a show?

I watched Three in a Bed last night and was disturbed by one of the contestants. A lady from Berwick, who came last and believed that the others had ganged up on her. Not only would I not consider staying at her place, but some of the cleaning in the place did not seem to be as it should be.

Ofcourse with these programs  one 'sees' the actual place and then watches them being picked apart by their fellow contestants, but one also sees the owners personalities and 'they' can put me off wanting to stay at their place.  All very odd really. The good thing about the program is that it shows parts of the country that I don't know, and that does encourage me to visit that area, where we would stay though, I do not know[;-)]

We have had at least two requests to go on the French one over the last couple of years or so and the basic answer is "no way". It is not a true representation of B&B's I know and have stayed in plus you just don't know whats going to happen. I don't have a clue about any booking benefits you might get from being on such a show so the question I guess as an owner is would you go and stay in one of those that had been on the show just because you had seen it on the show?

No way. While you cannot be shown saying something that you didn't say, the editing can - I'm told - be vicious and misrepresents situations and people. The production team are looking for good, rivetting, ideally controversial tele for the viewers and that's not three or four civilised, reasonable owners (+ partners) discussing and introducing their businesses.

I did see yesterday's Three In A Bed - the woman from Berwick looked to have mental health issues. I don't want to watch that as lightweight entertainment.

Mental health issues, well, maybe, but I do know people I consider bitter and twisted and it seems to be their character, in their nature, rather than them being 'ill'. Nothing ever pleases other than what they deem fit and right, and if anything goes wrong, then it is someone else's fault maybe a conspiracy.........and they can moan for the planet, but they are not ill............ in fact those I know always remind me of Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.[:D]

Do the producers chose who should come over as 'nice' on these programs then? Because some people I simply like, like their general attitude too. So can things be edited that much? maybe?

And worse,would the producers dare plant 'hairs' and put dirt and grime in the plugholes? Because if they don't, and they shouldn't, then it seems that some could perhaps do better, although for the life of me, I have no idea how one gets rid of all hairs, when I wash my bath, I find myself 'hair' chasing and even when I have finished, still find the odd one. Maybe I don't try hard enough as anything in our bath is 'ours', I don't know.