Boy, have we had a LOT of weather........?

mint

So far today, we have had rain mixed with snow, howling winds, torrential rain, rumbles of thunder, flashes of lightning......  I wasn't sure I'd HEARD thunder.  OH went out on the balcony and confirmed that there was lightning as well.

I don't like autumn or winter, I hate the short days and it is wretched for me to be unable to go for a walk.  As soon as the storm abated a little, I decided I'd HAVE to go out, the alternative of slumping in front of the TV being utterly depressing.

I went into the sous-sol in search of my ski jacket.  There it was, a bit dusty and distinctly musty with a large handkerchief still in the pocket.  Then I found my ski gauntlets, bliss to slip them on and feel their smooth insides.

The wind was whipping around, the heavy mist made everything blurry and all the usual sounds were muffled.  It was like walking in a Monet painting.  But I was nice and warm in my gear and soon I stopped feeling morose and grumpy.

On the way back, the moon rose, pale and pink and large and round.

Well, THAT was the highlight of my day.......[:-))]

Who gives storms pretty names like "Bella"?  Did Bella pass where you live and what was the weather like?

Oh, Wools, that was EXACTLY what I felt.  I thought if only I had my little dog by my side; could SEE her patiently standing still whilst I took off her lead and I pictured her bounding across the fields on the side of the lane.  She'd come back panting, tongue hanging out, puzzled she hadn't caught up with whatever it was she was chasing....I could just weep, what a loss.....