VAT or other costs on the sale of a Mobile Home?

Cherl

Just reading some of the messages on the cost of selling a property within 5 years and having to pay VAT and/or CGT, do all the legal attachments apply also to a Mobile Home, i.e. inheritance, etc. etc., especially if you sell within 5 years (though it wouldn't have appreciated).

In passing, I did look at one some time ago but the site owner told me there were no legal implications attached, as with a house purchase, but I wonder if that is correct?

Cherl

[quote user="Cherl"]

Just reading some of the messages on the cost of selling a property within 5 years and having to pay VAT and/or CGT, do all the legal attachments apply also to a Mobile Home, i.e. inheritance, etc. etc., especially if you sell within 5 years (though it wouldn't have appreciated).

In passing, I did look at one some time ago but the site owner told me there were no legal implications attached, as with a house purchase, but I wonder if that is correct?

Cherl

[/quote]

No - the CGT & VAT regs only apply to "permanent" buildings.

Thanks  - I was thinking more of the 'inheritance succession' rules. Since my family  are a bit disjointed, with step-children and step-grandchildren all over the world, the business of the inheritance succession scares the life out of me. It has so far put me off venturing into the French property market. If I can't leave it to whomever I like, a mobile/residential park home seemed much less complicated if the same succession rules didn't apply!

Cherl

They won't necessarily be exactly the same rules, as a mobile home is not, by definition, immovable property - you would need to take proper advice though because if you owned the land on which the mobile home was sited that of course would come under French succession law.