Family Motels

GJL

Does anyone know if there are Travelodge-type motels in France that have family suites?

I'm driving from Calais down to Vendee and need to stop overnight about halfway down.  (around Alencon)

I'm trying to find a hotel / motel that has a room that sleeps two adults and two small kids - but everywhere seems to have a maximum of three per room?

Welcome to the forum GJL.

I'm beginning to sound like an advert for this chain but try visiting www.hotelbb.com. They have rooms with a mezzanine for one or two small children and cost very little.

The Alencon one is situated to the north of the town and does have this type of room available.

There is a BB Hotels "Motel " just outside Alencon as you will  approach the town it has the "Buffalow  Grill "  next to it so you cant miss it  !

They do  family rooms  which  are  on the top level   . Its a  "mezanine " layout in the room with two more beds above the main bedroom layout .....a narrow staircase up to it ......you get a choice of continental or cooked breakfast its self service  ....just Google BB Hotels France   and you can book on line and see the location map etc   I think from memory a family room is about 54 euros plus about 5 for breakfast.   I advise you book  they get filled up fast  about 7pm by van drivers looking for stop overs as well as tourists . BB Hotels like Campernile Hotels and Premier 1 and Formula I all have web sites .....but I  can recommend the BB Alencon and the Buffalow Grill next door  for a low cost stop over and meal ....Web site is in English .

There's also a Mercure on the D338 as you head south out of Alençon - a bit better than the B+B and Campanile.  No idea about family rooms, I'm afraid.  The restaurant next door, "Escargot Doré" is brilliant, though maybe not for kids.  You'll find a Flunch and McD's at Arçonnay shopping centre nearby. Also an excellent Chinese/Thai about 600m away.  The Campanile's in the northern industrial estate desert - the B+B's even worse for location.  Okay as long as all you need is a bed and you don't want to go out for a walk or anything.

[quote user="Cassis"] Okay as long as all you need is a bed and you don't want to go out for a walk or anything.

[/quote]

Nail on the head there Cassis.

Soul less is how we describe them but if all you want is a clean (never had a dirty one yet) bedroom with en suite at a pretty cheap price then they tick the box.