Nice

Nathan C

Hi everyone, new member here and my name is Nathan.

I'm planning to visit Nice for my first solo trip abroad next summer. Can anyone give me some recommendations as to the best places to stay in Nice are? (One of my French friends suggested it may even be more beneficial to stay in a village just outside the city)

Also, is there anywhere on this forum I could introduce myself and give a few details about myself?

Thanks

I endorse what Wilko says re trip advisor.

This is just to say that whilst you are there you might like to take a trip on the Train des Pignes - I have heard it is great and it is on my list of things to do when next in Nice.

If you stay outside of Nice there are pretty good bus/train services into the city.

It is expensive generally in the south but we manage!

Andy

[quote user="Sprogster"]Not sure if Nice is the best place for you to go at the moment, as the Cote D'Azur is by far the most expensive part of France and even more so than Paris and therefore jaw droppingly expensive in £ terms at the moment thanks to the very weak pound. So budget carefully.[/quote]

That's something I shall definitely bear in mind. Thanks very much for raising it. If worst comes to worst, where else would be slightly more budget friendly?

And thanks very much to all who have replied to this thread.

Yes, the Cote d"Azur is expensive, but so is most of France if you are visiting from the UK! We recently spent a week in Cannes and found eating out actually cheaper than in Dinard, Brittany. There are the luxurious designer shops, but also the normal shops like Monoprix and lovely markets with reasonable prices. Even if you do end up paying more, I would say it is worth it for the colours, the weather and the welcoming people.

A trip to Monaco is also a must.