Tunnel v Ferry ....advice please

James_B

LAST EDITED ON 15-Aug-04 AT 06:46 PM (BST)

I have just used my last Seafrance carnet ticket and found the flexibility and service offered extremely good. I am tempted by the Eurotunnel Owner's Abroad club deal because the tunnel is more comfortable during the winter months. However, in order to get a comparable price I should get 10 short stay tickets with Eurotunnel in one go. They ask for the dates of all trips up front ( unlike Seafrance). I am not impressed with Eurotunnel service and I am nervous that when I try to change the dates of "booked" journeys they will be inflexible and I will be buying myself a load of hassle.
Is anybody a member of Eurotunnel Owner's Abroad club that can allay or confirm my fears?

James

Don't worry! I've not had any difficulty at all in changing my ticket dates, even up to one hour before crossing on one occasion when I didn't find time to call until I was on the M25 on my way down to Folkestone. I tend to book all my tickets for the back end of the membership year and call them forward as and when I want to travel.

The official line is that they have to be amended 24 hours in advance but there is a getout clause and I've found the staff who deal with the owners club to be very helpful.

You can also change the dates and times of an owners club booking on the internet site so even if the office is closed, if you have online access, the dates can be amended.

Don't forget you also earn loyalty points on the tickets as well.

I have nothing but praise for the scheme as it means that the short stay prices are cheap enough to make weekend trips realistic even in peak summer season.

Best Regards

Alan.

Hi,

We have done allsorts of alterations on our owners club tickets (usually at the last minute) and never had a problem.

I have never had anything but good service from Eurotunnel and always found them very obliging.

Hope this helps allay some fears