Flybe.com Birmingham - La Rochelle

M

Has anyone travelled with this company and know how child friendly they are from Birmingham to La Rochelle? 

I shall be travelling with 2 young children (2 + 6) and the 3 of us must sit together.  Do you just arrive extra early and cross your fingers?

Or do they do the same as Ryanair and ask all people with kids board first ?

I've read you can reserve a seat for a charge of £16 per ticket – but this is almost as expensive as the flight cost (before tax of course).

I was going to ring their customer services but it’s £1 a minute !!

Any info on Flybe appreciated  Good or Bad  

Thanks

Emma

Flybe ask for your seating preferences at Check-in and allocate seats accordingly.

It is best to arrive in good time at the airport so that you can ensure your seating arrangements will be satisfactory.

The departure lounge at Birmingham's main terminal is a great dismal black hole surrounded by shops - the only place you can see daylight and airport activity is at the Starbucks outlet. It isn't very child-friendly, but then, what airport is? I don't like travelling in Flybe's BAe 146s, but I suspect any child (particularly the 6 year old) won't be bothered once the journey gets underway. The flight time isn't very long anyway.

By the way, some Flybe flights use Dash-8 aircraft - with only 4 seats abreast (2 + 2). The 146 and 737 have 6 seats abreast (3 + 3).