Train from CDG AIRPORT Paris

ntc

Hi

My daughter gets the metro to Paris from CDG for a few cents and train to Chateauroux from Austerlitz station. If you are flying  Easy Jet  there is the Paris shuttle that you can book for 16 Euro's which takes you to the station directly,or a  taxi about 25 Euro's.

hope this helps

Fi

There is a TGV station at CDG, but the service is fairly limited so you may well be better off travelling into Paris. CDG airport is on RER line B, which links direct to Gare de Nord, and by metro to other Paris stations. A free shuttle bus links the terminals and RER/TGV stations. As suggested, www.voyages-sncf.com will give you times of trains on the main network - the RER goes every few minutes. There are buses too, but the RER is cheaper and quicker as well as giving a more direct service to most Paris stations..

I don't know how fcr's daughter travels so cheaply, she must be one of those who travels with a standard metro ticket and leaps over the barriers at CDG (not to be recommended if you have heavy luggage, and the ticket inspectors on the trains are wise to that one) [;)]. The standard RER fare from Paris central zone to CDG is 8€ each way, and the only time I used a taxi it was about 50€.

Hi

My daughter, who is a very astute buisness woman usually buys a book of metro tickets or whatever they are called because she stays in Paris with her friends. That Taxi price was true in July 2005,she is very wise world traveller who has worked in different countries and prone to haggle. Still bears a grudge at being ripped off by a taxi driver in the far east.

Fi

I use trains (and planes) from London to Chateauroux via Paris fairly often. I prefer Eurostar for the London-Paris section simply because it eliminates the inconvenient journey from CDG.

Use RER (RER B to Gare du Nord) or AirFrance bus  from CDG to central Paris (Opera). Metro to Gare d'Austerlitz and then SNCF to Chateauroux or Argenton. Make certain that your train stops at your destination station. Book your SNCF ticket on their web site and have the tickets delivered to your home in UK.

Alistair