new flight route to Loire Valley??

Has anyone heard any news of a "new" airline flying out of Manchester to Angers in Loire--poss by Aaron or Arvon Airlines?? As we have a cottage there it would be great--we have tried several Ryanair flights but all need a 3 hr drive either to Stansted, or from La Rochelle or Limoges-- but just due to try E. Mids to Nantes.  Interesting reading about Ryan air's baggage restrictions--we fell foul of their1 suitcase rule, but as we had only paid 1p each way we couldn't really complain--but I fail to see any logic in this--especially in these high security times when a good idea would be to restrict hand baggage to one see-through carrier bag--not encourage people to trudge the kitchen sink, poachers jackets & a fortnights supply of groceries onto the plane!! [W]

Hi Shakey,

Try this site it will tell you all about the new route. http://www.aerarann.ie/

I looked at it a few weeks ago and it was still cheaper and more convenient to use the East Midlands - Nantes route.

PS Try larger fonts, its makes reading a hell of a lot easier for us with fading eyesight. Mind you they always said it would make you go blind!!!!!

Angers used to be a nice quiet airport. Occasional Mirage and a few small planes but they all kept out of my way. What with these people and Flybe I’ll have to watch where I go now (particularly as I don’t have an engine and am thus a bit more limited – at least sometimes).

Ian

[quote user="Deimos"]Angers used to be a nice quiet airport. Occasional

Mirage and a few small planes but they all kept out of my way. What

with these people and Flybe I’ll have to watch where I go now

(particularly as I don’t have an engine and am thus a bit more limited

– at least sometimes).

Ian[/quote]

Flybe at Angers flying to Southampton? Is there no end to the bounty of the capitalist system?????