Eurotunnel frequent traveller: auto check-in with £0 ?

Loiseau

I have just booked a trip using one of my Eurotunnel frequent traveller crossings.  For once, I have picked a time of day that carries no surcharge [:D], so have not had to enter any credit card details.

I have used the auto check-ins on previous crossings, but I just wondered this time...  Since I have not had to give credit card details for this booking (as there is £0 to pay), will the automatic check-in system work?  I suppose it "knows" my credit card from my having provided it in the first place back in December to buy the Freq Traveller deal in the first place.  

Has anybody else come across this one yet?

Angela

Exactly what you said..it stores the card details you originally paid with.  I had a problem with this once as I changed cards half way through the year and when I rang to see what would happen I was told to keep the old card to use at check in as it was for identification only.  I was using frequent traveller but now find it better value with my Tesco club card vouchers as £25.00 of vouchers gives me a £100.00 crossing value, therefore journet costs nothing depending on time ect.  You cant use vouchers for pets.

Thanks folks.  I am sure it'll be straightforward, using the credit card as ID, but you know what those check-in queues can be like on a Saturday!  I don't want to hold it all up even more while I seek out someone to process it.

Angela

We returned on a "free" Frequent Traveller crossing today - Credit Card required.

An interesting experience as thousands of England football supporters returned to the UK - the queue was across the bridge over the motorway to get to the check-in booths and car loads of tattooed gents with shaven heads in brand new Range Rover's and BMW X5s trying to barge into the queue. Police with large dogs were patrolling the queue for the check-in.

We arrived on time and were over an hour late in crossing back - despite the fact that Eurotunnel were only accepting passengers with reservations so must have known how many to expect.