Speedferries - Dry Dock

Speedferries - don't you just love them. I still do - their prices, use them or not, have served us all well.

I've tried to use one of my two "free" mid-week return crossings (gained by doing a couple of returns in November) but even though they're valid until 29 March, there is no Speedferries service from 1st to 28th March.............grrrr,........dry dock again!

So it's Speedferries out in late February (wave height permitting) and tunnel back in March.  

Update to this story.

I sent an email to Speedferries complaining that they had broken their contract with me and had denied me one free return and one free single crossing. In reply (only 12 hours and overnight) they say the drydocking was originally planned for February (this still would have been a problem with non-availability), but they found that more work was needed to be done to Speed 1 and the only free slot in the shipyard for a longer time was 1st - 28th March.

They have also now extended the use of my free crossing tickets until 31st May 2007.

Not a perfect ending as I'm still paying for another operator to get me back from France in March. But nevertheless, something of a result bearing in mind this offer has come from a low cost operator.

"Don't you just love them. I still do..."

I still love em eevn though I am still waiting for the weather to improve so that I can cross the channel.

I was really pleased to get straight through to the call centre at 7am UK time this morning and there were 3 operators working (she assured me only for speedferries) I could hear them in the background, i also get a good service on the French number but I think only in office hours.

All in all not bad for a low cost operator, at least you get to speak to someone.