Ferry v Plane

My sat nav has taken me to view one of the ancient streets of Rouen down by the river......very interesting street with houses almost meeting overhead....I had 40 minutes to look at them as I crawled in bumper to bumper traffic up to the lights at the end.....if you have not  gone off route in Rouen  then you dont know what you are missing !,.. I have changed from BF to LD Lines and Speedferries..with BB hotels and Buffalow Grill thrown into my travel plans these days ......

I have travelled to France on a regular basis(up to 20 times a year) for the last few years and have tried all possible ways of getting across the channel.

I now use norfolk lines ferries as a first choice, cracking boats, good service and excellent value for money. Booked for the end of this week, £125.00 return (week) on Friday night which can't be bad peak season, But! by going a day early (2 am Fri morning) got it a bit cheaper £45.00 return for a car and 3 people, that has got to be a bargain.

Only down side is that booking via there web site is one of the biggest chores I have ever come across, it takes an age to get the damn booking form to load, when it loads, but you can book via the phone and get the on-line price without to much of a moan at them.

Another plus is that you can drive direct from Dunkirk down past Lille and pick up the A1 (if your travelling south of course) which is toll free for best part of 100 miles, it's not a massive saving in tolls but I figure the cash is better in my pocket than in someone else's.