LD Lines sleeper seats

Nigelt

Sleeper seats work well - they are in pairs, and if it is quiet the staff will probably put you on your own rather than be in a pair with a stranger. There are small screens which drop down between you both too. They provide pillow and blanket - although I always take my own pillow - on busy nights it can be a bit noisy with people closing loo doors or talking - they turn out the lights quite early so not too bad. It is good being flat rather than scrunched up on a reclining seat, and better than the floor. There are also showers, coffee and croissants available.

PB

I think the only way is to try them out.

We used them last year and the other half was OK with it but I found it terribly uncomfortable and being a light sleeper hardly got a wink.

I actually ended up raising the seat slightly into amore reclining position and found it better.

Talking to other people using them most seemed happy enough so I reckon its all personal preference.

Here are a few pictures I took about 14 Months ago just after they were installed.  The seats are comfortable and you can actually have a reasonable sleep on them.  Being someone who cannot sleep on normal recliner seats on ferries I was pleasently suprised.  Also they are wider than normal and therefore allow more room, additionally you cannot kick the person in front as the partition is not attached to the seat.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4