Long Term Parking

Teddy

I need someone to drive and collect a family  from Girona  Aerport to Argeles Sur Mer using a family car three to four times a year (usually on a friday or sarturday night)  will cover expenses and cost of time, fuel, tolls etc will provide a car also if necessary, Do you know of anyone in that  region that wouel do it.  The journey takes about an hour.

Alternatively can anyone recommed a longterm carpark in Girona where I can park my car for three to six months at a time without it costing an arm and a leg?

Teddy 

Have you thought about asking a local French taxi service to provide you with a price? 

A local taxi firm used to take my family back and forth to Bordeaux airport for a special price because I would order the taxi a few weeks (or days) in advance and he could find someone or something for the other leg of the journey.  The downside was that I would sometimes be delivered very early to the airport and other times, I had a long wait for him.

The other idea is to ask around the British or German community where your second home is.  Round our way, there is someone who will take people there and back for less than the taxi firm.  (Strictly speaking, it is not allowed in France to do this for money so if stopped by the gendarmes, both driver and passengers are just friends etc.)

I found it was easier to leave my car in our garden than at the airport or at a friend's house near the airport.

Teddy,

I would think a taxi to & from Gerona will be horrendously expensive. From memory, it's about €45 from Perpignan to Argeles each way and that's for one person. The norm in that part of France seems to be to charge extra per person & extra for each suitcase. You'll probably get charged extra for the border crossing. I think tolls are around €12 each way. I'd be surprised if you're quoted less than €150.

I've used Taxis Alazard in Argeles a few times. They're listed in www.pagesjaunes.fr.

Frogbus runs from Gerona airport to Le Boulou & Perpignan Railway station, though I suspect that's not too much use.

As for cheap long term parking at any airport; probably as rare as hen's teeth. If you do find some, let me know! This link from the GRO website has long term parking rates http://www.puntcentral.com/idiomes/eng.php but they cost an arm, leg & several internal organs.

This site quotes €40-ish per person (no child reductions) each way for Gerona to Argeles transfers: http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/airport/GRO/&cod=YPK1211281919XAR 

Don't suppose they could fly into Perpignan?

We thought about buying a car to keep in France and looked at the taxi costs (for what would be an hour journey)...over 150 euros each way!!  Decided it was cheaper to hire a car at the airport!   Must be a business opportunity there for someone.