Trip To Nice

geralddaniel

Hi,

I'm visiting Nice, France at the end of March and I have had some problems with planning the trip.

First: I'm looking for a nice hotel. I have found some in Nice, but I would like to hear your suggestions before I book.

Second: I'm looking for a reliable car hire company. I have had some bad experience with car hire companies that over charge.

I would be very thankful if someone could advise.

Hope to hear from you soon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As for car hire  I have used Hertz, Europcar and others and as all the prices are there for you to review I do not see how you can be overcharged. I usually book through one of the business on the internet - Holiday Autos etc (although have become expensive lately) Just go onto Google with "car hire Nice" and it will give you loads of choice.

If you are concerned about excess charges - take out the insurance available. I hire regularly enough to make it worth me having an annual policy with Insurance4carhire.com.

As always - check the vehicle very carefully on pick up and make sure all faults are noted on the hire document. If it is dark when you collect move it to a place which is better lit before checking. Or take a torch!!

Most hire companies are OK but employees differ and some will certainly try to take advantage! Just work on the basis that they will try it on and take preventative measures.

Enjoy Nice - we will be around 80 miles west of there at the end of March.

Andy

Some good tips on car hire there; we've used insurance4carhire for years when hiring cars abroad, and we also check hire cars very carefully, having had a couple of baduns.

Also, when thinking about holidays, try Trip Advisor; there are plenty of reviews on hotels there and you can ask questions about things you want to know about your holiday on individual forums.