Pronunication/ Phonetics

Karen_Ian

Has anyone any recommendations for books/tapes/CDs to help improve pronunication?

I know mine needs improving and while I talk as much as possible to those around me and repeat things from the tv/radio I'd like a more structured home study package.

I've looked on amazon (uk and fr) and while some books look interesting, I really want something with a tape/CD I can copy and do excercises with.

I borrowed 'phonétique progressive du français' from our local library but the tape quality was terrible which puts me off buying it.

Any recommendations before I part with my euros!

Thanks

Karen

Urrrk... I've just ordered 'phonétique progressive du français'. My teacher uses the book and I find that useful, but she doesn't have the tapes.

Maybe the tape quality was awful because it had been borrowed so often from the library, rewound back and forth a lot etc? Let's hope...

Ooops! I didn't mean to cause any worries. You're right, they've probably been well worked!

I agree the book seems good and I'll probably go for this if nothing better is recommended but I'd prefer CDs instead of tapes as I've had annoying 'echos' on other tapes in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I got the tapes. They're not too fuzzy but definitely not quite as sharp as I would have hoped either. I'm finding it quite useful but it will take a lot of work to get right, and I'm lucky to have a teacher to make sure I'm going the right way.