French audio courses for use in the car?

Alcazar

Hi, I've tried search but came up with a zero.

My wife has doen the Linguaphone beginner to intermediate 16 CD course, but now wants to move on a bit.

She likes doing it this way, as she drives 20 miles each way to work every day, and has enjoyed it immensely.

So..........can anyone recommend me the next stage? I've had a look at the Linguaphone site, but it seems only to offer beginner to advanced, all in one block, and costs £199, a bit of a waste since she has already done 2/3 of it.

Thanks in advance,

Alcazar

Hi - has your wife tried the Michel Thomas courses - they are entirely CD/Cassette based with no books so good for listening to in a car - I do not know what level the Linguaphone course gets to but beyond his first course (8CDs) there is a Language Builder (2 CDs) and his advanced french course came out recently (4 CDs). I certainly listen to them in the car but find that with driving I can't always concentrate on listening as much as I would like or need to!

I once borrowed from the local library a french course by Hugo called Drive-in French - unfortunately I don't think its produced any more but they were story based interleaved with grammar/vocabulary

I have occassionally also download from www.rfi.fr  their news programs and burnt this onto CD to listen to in the car - that way I can listen to it a few times in order to get the gist of what is being reported!

Paul