French ID card

cricri

Its a shame it doesn't state where the text comes from.

Oh..and it states 'those intendeding to move to France' - which is not the situation I am interested in!

I can't be bothered to read a large piece of text when its heading is not what I'm interested in. Go, on I'm sure someone can pick that apart!

[quote user="Speedy"]Can anyone confirm : I have heard that carte de sejours are about to be stopped!

Note : re address - when you move in France the authorities do NOT change the carte de sejour address (or even your passports if you are French!!)
[/quote]

They may not physically change it but it is clearly stated on my carte de sejour that :-

"tout changement de résidence doit etre déclaré dans les 8 jours de l'arrivée au nouveau domicile"

[quote user="Speedy"]Its a shame it doesn't state where the text comes from.
Oh..and it states 'those intendeding to move to France' - which is not the situation I am interested in!
I can't be bothered to read a large piece of text when its heading is not what I'm interested in. Go, on I'm sure someone can pick that apart!

[/quote]

The link to the original text is in the second sentence of the FAQ.

Sorry you couldn't be bothered to read that far............[8-)]

[quote user="cricri"]

Hi, Has anyone decided to apply for a French ID card? I have lived and worked in France for the passed 5 years. An ID card would be easier to carry around than my British passport.

Terry

[/quote]

Back to the original topic. My understanding of the law in France is that you should be able to prove your identity and that a photo driving licence is adequate for this. It is not necessary (or wise) to carry a passport at all times but most people do keep their driving licence with them. Of course, if you don't drive ...

Both the UK and French governments allow dual and multiple nationality and a search should find several threads discussing this.