I give up!!

Just Katie

[quote user="Callie"]"On" usually means "we" in the general sense, and not "one" as in English.
Yes, learning any language has its plateaux - you feel you just aren't making any progress[:(], then one day, you find you are improving.  But just keep at it and it will come ! ![:D]
[/quote]

I've often said that it would make learning French far easier if "on" was taught right from the beginning.  I have French friends all over France and most of them say ON when they mean we.  So little French is actually taught in school these days, but if ON was taught earlier, young people would have a much simpler way of having access to a wider way of saying things.  I'm still struggling to understand what is taught in French lessons these days.  I teach ballet and find it very difficult to believe that words like devant, derriere, a cote, sous, sur, dans, dehors, en face, ouvert, ferme', saute, jete, pied, jambe, bras haven't been learnt in the first three years of learning French.  I'm sure we had done those words in the first year of a secondary modern school in the 70's.  You know - le chat est derriere l'arbre.  La vase est sur la table. Le chien est sous la chaise.  La charcuterie est en face de la boucherie etc.  I despair that they don't know these words - but most children still maintain that wherever you go, everyone speaks English.  Not when I visit France.  Yes, there are a few places where you get people speaking English, but it's not a general thing as teenagers seem to think.

[quote user="Frenchie"]Comment as tu fait pour trouver ça ? Par hasard ou tu connaissais d'avance?[/quote]

No, I found it par hasard, c'est un peu à la Jean-Pierre Melville.  [:D]

Talking of French réalisateurs, if anyone wants to work with Jean-Pierre Mocky, they can learn some good French.  Génial.   [:P]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX9eafI3hjc