Opera Comique in Castres

Maggiemay

"Le Pays du Sourire" -Land of Smiles - by Lehar is on in the theatre in Castres 17 18 and 20th of April, if anyone is interested in going. Also in Vauvert on the 25th.
I am singing Lisa in it - it's jolly hard work singing and speaking in french supposedly without an accent but it's great fun and a steep learning curve! It is funny, but very sad too. The director is inspirational and it has been amazing to work french style very intense and a diffent sensibility to working in the UK. This is my first opera in France.
The theatre is in Place de la Republique, and tickets are available from their box office on 05.63.71.59.94.
If you come, please say hello, and dont criticise tooo much my pronunciation! I'll do my best!
MaggieMay, real name Caroline, alias Lisa!

Hi,

Congratulations on your role.

Just been on multi-map to see where Castres is and it showed 3!
One at the top, one in the middle and one in the South. If it is the one in the middle will definitely book tickets.

• 1 month later...
Many thanks to those you came to see the opera! And thanks to your enthusiasm! I was also on TF1 and interviewed for 3 papers, so feeling a little starstruck. I found no hostilility to an english singer with a french company - to the contrary, they were most welcoming and friendly and it was wonderful to be so wholeheartedly welcomed into their homes.
I am singing the solo soprano in Nimes on 14 and 15 May, Faure's Requiem with the Conservatoire choir and a pro orchestra. Please send a message in my inbox if anyone is interested in coming.
Best wishes to you all from a very tired but happy
MaggieMay