Tax d'Hab

Dave Plumb

Hi All

When I bought mine in Charente it had been empty for a few years and had been taken off for payment of Tax Hab, I have been renting elseware while over doing all the things to make it habital and am now in the position to stay at the house, be it in only two of the rooms, one to sleep and one to lounge about and watch the box over wine and cheese, both only just able to surfice.

Now I feel I should register for Tax Hab as the TV dish is going to anounce the fact I'm going to stay and dont want to upset anyone or find bad feeling.

1-  is it still the H1 form.   2 -can register just the 2 rooms and add others later   3 As its charged from Nov will I get a bill back to Nov  straight  away or from the next November ?

Fill in the H1 with the current state of the property, you can redo when you have finished.

You will be charged Td'H from 1/1/10, for payment in Nov 2010 - the tax year is Jan-Dec, in arrears. Expect all the other bills/taxes, too (rubbish, sewerage if you are on the mains, etc etc).

Did you have any permits for the work? If so, you may also trigger the "planning charges", if appropriate.

Thanks Nick

No permis as the work was all internal updating to new, seal and screed floors, re-pipe decorate that sort of thing.

They have been canny and been charging me for rubish as I left a couple of bags out one collection day, as you can see they are on the ball and I think they will notice the dish and check if i'm paying the TV charge and come round so i'll  fill it out and pay

Dave  [:'(]