Renewal of Child's Passport

Fi

I know this has been covered in the past, but my search only brought a post from 2005 and I fear it could be out of date.  And none of the links on it work any more.

I need to renew my 5 year old's passport.  We've been here since last October, so it is impossible to find a counter-signatory who has known me for 2 years.  Our "oldest" acquaintance is the immobilier who has know us for slightly more than a year.  I can't find any means of contacting the Consulate to ask what I should do.  (Incidentally the Amsterdam consulate has an email enquiry service which is terrible efficient - and very easy to find on their website!).

Any ideas/advice?  Thanks.

[quote user="Mikep"]Can you not simply post the application form and photo to a suitable signatory in the UK? That's what we did last time, to our former solicitors.

[/quote]

I could but it would be a last resort for me.  There is an issue of time, an issue of things going astray in the post,  and most importantly who? - we haven't lived in the UK for nearly 4 years (we were in the Netherlands before coming to France)  so I don't have any current professional-type relationships with doctors/lawyers/teachers etc

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.