How will I sleep tonight?

NormanH

I'd heard enough after 15 secs and it was a 5min film !!

With effect from tomorrow, you'll be even more of a gibbering wreck than you are now!

Thinks: why not put half an hour of synchronised swimming on a continuous loop?  That'll send you to sleep. 

In the last say 20 years, I have found that I love many things with mass drums. So me, I 'd be listening.

Put your ear phones on with your favourite music and sleep to what you like. Or, use EAR, ear plugs and keep the windows shut.

O ye lucky Biterrois! What a pity you're not a fan! I love drums and most rhythms, these are no exception (so, just you and me Idun!). Mind you, I too would prefer them away from my bedroom windows...But yes, it does seem like you should be heading for the hills...much quieter here today, we just had our reggae night 2 days ago, and that bass travels far and high...

I took the bull by the horns (it is the Féria after all [6]) and went to watch.

Better with a gallon of sangria...

I am not against well-played, interesting non-amplified percussion.

We had some authentic African drummers at the Féria a few years back and they were infectious

I went to a wonderful concert at  Dartington in the early 80s given by les Percussions de Strasboug

playing Xanakis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGVhN0OIK4c&feature=related

Perhaps it is just this year which has gone very 'techno'

Normally we have acts such as this, which even I thoroughly enjoyed when they came up from Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGVhN0OIK4c&feature=related

I WAS being serious, actually - I saw them perform live in edinburgh, a tear or two ago, and they were fabulous

Maybe it's only something a scotsman could appreciate - yet another handicap of being english.

And only a scotsman could describe bagpipes as "the missing link between music and noise"

Slainte

[quote user="Ian"]I WAS being serious, actually - I saw them perform live in edinburgh, a tear or two ago, and they were fabulous Maybe it's only something a scotsman could appreciate - yet another handicap of being english. And only a scotsman could describe bagpipes as "the missing link between music and noise" Slainte[/quote]Wonderful instrument the bagpipes. They lift the hearts of all Scots and fortunately have the opposite effect on our opponents. Mind you I think they are definitely an outdoor instrument.

[quote user="Ian"]Maybe it's only something a scotsman could appreciate

Yep, totally agree [:D]

yet another handicap of being english

Since the Scottish have enough handicaps to cope with already I'll let that one pass [;-)]

And only a scotsman could describe bagpipes as "the missing link between music and noise

If you do really mean the link between music and noise - as opposed to noise and music - then yep, with you on that too [:P][/quote]