Oreilles d'Ane

Talking of Fondue Bourgignonne and where I'd first eaten it also reminded me of another recipe in the notebook where I noted recipes during a sejour in France.

Does anyone know this recipe?

It was basically ravioli with spinach in it and melted butter and cheese over the top.

I was told it was a Savoyarde or Isere recipe (as that family had a home in Chambery and Laffrey).

A few years ago, when staying at Laffrey again, I'd seen in a book that some sort of ravioli was a regional speciality, but couldn't find any. In fact the only regional speciality we found in restaurants was friture! I looked in the supermarket in La Mure too.

I must try making it some time, but would like to verify the recipe before having a bash! I do have a pasta machine but haven't used it for years, but that would possibly make it easier.

How disappointing! I thought this topic related to an exotic meat dish that I had not yet experienced.

I'll ask my farmer neighbour down the road, who keeps donkeys for tourists to trek with, if he has heard of it. Hopefully the donkeys will all retain their ears and we'll be sampling pasta.

Patrick