Slow cooker

Briank

I have just unpacked my slow cooker after moving over here. I haven’t used it for quite a long time and now I cannot find the instructions. It is a Cordon Bleu and it has two settings low and high but I can’t remember what they are used for. I think the pot has to go on for some time before filling with hot food but then how long does it have to cook for? Would appreciate some help, as I would like to put it on over night with cheap rate electricity.

Thank you.

Jan (86)

I use slow cookers a lot in both France and England. Frankly, they use so little electricity that using one at cheap rate times will make little difference. The power consumption on mine is 160 watts, which is less than many people use to light their living room.

Make up the dish in a saucepan and ensure that the liquor is boiling. Warm the slow cooker for about 20-30 minutes before putting hot food into it. On High a meat dish will need about 6 or 7 hours, on Low about 10-12 hours.

Why not do a Google search for recipes?

Does anyone know where to buy a slow cooker in France. I studiply chucked ours out with the pre-move clearout and would like another. I've looked in Auchan/Leclerc and Darty but can only find rice cookers or other similar cookers with an element that's not as low wattage as a slow cooker is.