Four letter word - diet part 2

Joy1

I for one definately dont do enough exercise. I am trying to walk my daughter to school once per day ( about 15 mins each way of brisk walking) - but now it's the holidays!! I do gardening and housework, but dont really class this as aerobic exercise! I was doing a 40 min aerobic exercise dvd twice a week back in January (when I was feeling keen!!!). But got bored doing the same thing each week. Perhaps I'll give it another go as it certainly did help. I also have one of those mini trampoline things, might dig it out and have a go at jumping up and down each day for 20 mins!!!! Joy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL DONE JOY - HURRAH FOR YOU!! [:D][:D]

And Jan and Other Jan too!  Like you I've had no change this week but my motto is "NO GAIN, NO PAIN" !! [:D]

Before our dog Ben had his knee operation we used to have an hour's vigorous walk every day but I'm afraid that's now a thing of the past. (He's on the mend but only had his stitches out last week and the vet says it's going to be a good couple of months before he's going to be anything like back to normal).  To compensate for this I've started doing a 30 minute session on our cross-training machine.  I try and do it every day but it's probably averaging about five times a week.  I also do 2 lots of 100 crunches on one of those cage thingies.  It's really making a difference on my tum - and I can now do 100 in less than two minutes [8-|]  My theory is that if I keep up the exercise then it means I can eat (drink [6]) a bit more !

Tell next week ...

Lynda x

Many thanks for the info on excercising. I was asking because I came across an old Rosemary Conley book  belonging to my sister, it is called the flat stomach plan. It has eating plan and excercises for 28 days. The recipes are mainly based on processed/ bought sauces and there is lots to eat, but I was very interested in the daily excercise plan. Definitely going to start tomorrow [:D]

Have a great time in England Jan. Wish I was coming with you, really feel like a UK fix.

The other Jan

I'm going to start my Canadian Airforce XBX (I think that's what it's called - I'll tell you when I find the book) when I get back from England.  Not a lot of point starting now as I expect visiting friends and family in England it will be the usual "carb-fest".

Actually looking forward to hitting the shops when I get back, not for clothes necessarily, but I'm desperate for shoes.  OH has more pairs of shoes than me - lol.

Jan

I can't believe another week has gone by already! I seem to have stayed the same this week, could be due to eating a BBQ last night and still feeling a bit bloated today! Today is my birthday[:)] Unfortunately i have been given a large box of cadburys roses (my favourite), i guess I will have to share them with my OH and the kids! Keep up the good work everyone. Joy

Happy Birthday Joy [:D]

As I said last week, "No Gain, No Pain"!  [:D]

I'm the same again this week though I perhaps ought to mention that I haven't been cal counting for the last couple of weeks so I'm not really 'dieting' at the moment - just fancied a bit of time off for good behaviour!  We've also been without a kitchen for the last week and a half which isn't really an excuse but it is difficult thinking about weighing and measuring evrything when one is 'camping' in various bits of the house!  Daughter and fiance arriving tomorrow so lots of food and wine this week - though still no kitchen (they were supposed to turn up today - but that's another story!). 

Don't expect any change next week but from next Monday onwards it will be full battle on to get rid of those last 10 lbs! (I know tracker thingy says 6lb to go but I'm going to change it next time I have a loss to record - which WILL be in two weeks time!!

Have a good week everyone

Lx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY and don't worry about eating the roses, you deserve them. Also have a great week Lynda  I'm sure you won't put any weight on. Can't believe it I have lost 2lbs, have started doing the excercises in the Rosemary Conley book so it must be that [:D] Have even started thinking about wearing shorts [6]

The Other Jan

Still Slimming and Smiling [:D]

That's brilliant Jan! Congratulations on the 2lbs. I wore shorts for the first time on sunday- LOL. Actually my legs aren't too bad, for me it's all gone on around the tummy![:$] I am planning to set myself up a home gym in the basement, already have a cross trainer and mini trampoline- just need to use them! Perhaps I'll put a CD player down there and workout to music, might make it more fun. Joy

Well Done (other) Jan!!!!! [:D] [:D]

I knew you could do it - and get those shorts on girl !!

Joy, when I use the cross-trainer I have an old video player in the same room and play 'dancey' type vids.  We happened to have Lord of the Dance (Micheal Flatley doing his Irish thing) and also Burn the Floor (some amazing dance routines - particulalry the Jive section) on video and they are just BRILLIANT to watch and very motivational when doing any sort of exercise that could otherwise be boring.  I'm so into it that only last week I got a really good deal for two Riverdance videos - for the princely sum of £5 I think it was, and that included postage!  I think I'm going to have to stop wearing the black opaque tights though - bit too warm in this heat [:D]

L x

Really starting to enjoy the exercises, they are making a big difference to the way I move [blink] Also feel that the exercise period is 'my time'.

Joy,a gym in the basement sounds like a good idea, nice and cool. Will also have to search out some dance music, your excercise room sounds great fun Lynda. I think the Rosemary Conley book recommends doing the exercises to music. Off to find the shorts, material kind not liquid [:D]

The other Jan 

Morning all. Another week- another 1lb lost! Yeah!![:)] I am quite pleased as I did eat 1/4 box of roses and had a nice birthday meal with dessert. I have set up my gym, and used it a couple of times so far, it will be easier after Thursday when the kids go back to school. hope you have all had good weeks! Joy

Brilliant Joy, really well done!  [:D]  You must feel really motivated now and the exercise will definitely help.  Keep up the good work!

As predicted, no change for me this week.  In fact, I was rather pleased that I had stayed the same and not gained!  We've had a lovely week with daughter and fiancee, catching up on their wedding plans and talking colour schemes and flowers and dresses and stuff!  If anything is going to keep me motivated till next February then this is it! 

Anyway, am now seriously back on the cal counting and just about to go and have a cross-training session with Michael Flatley [:D] ... now, where did I leave my long curley red haired wig?

Hope you've had a good week too, the Jans!  Jan in the UK and Other Jan wearing your shorts!

Till next week

Lynda x

Well done Joy, it must feel soooooo good.

Also well done Lynda not to gain. Sounds as though you had a lovely week must have been a lot of fun [:D]

I can't believe it I've lost another 2.2 lbs thats 4.4lbs in 2 weeks. Starting to worry  I am ill, I can't win [8-)] Seriously though it must be the exercises, have done 45 mins everyday. Two weeks to go to the beach holiday so if I lose another 2 kilos will definitely get the shorts out.

The Other Jan

Still slimming and smiling [:D]

Well done other Jan- that is totally fantastic![:D] 45 mins a day of exercise is brilliant! I am aiming for around 30 mins on 5 days a week. I bet you are really looking forward to a beach holiday- have fun! Joy

PS. Well done to Lynda too!

Ok - you have convinced me.  I need to lose 20kg so I am going to start - wait for it - tomorrow!  Why - just on way to a meeting (being held in Chinese Restaurant) wine will be flowing - but DEFINATELY tomorrow I will weigh in.  I too need the discipline of meetings but this virtual one will be great.

Good luck one and all.

Fiona

Welcome Fiona. Good to have you loosing weight with us! I have lost 6lb since christmas. 3of those in the last 3 weeks!!! If only I had stayed motivated beyond February I could be 16lb lighter by now (based on an average 1lb a week loss). Unfortunately I lost the plot a bit in March (2 trips back to the UK) and yo-yo'd for a while[:@] Lynda got me back on track! It's good to have people motivating us- thankyou to Lynda! Anyway, enjoy today[:)] and start eating healthily tomorrow! Joy

Hi Fiona and a very warm welcome!  I think I read your post a little too quickly or it might be that I've got my dieting head on but I imagined that you were going to some sort of weight watchers stype meeting - in a Chinese restaurant - with lots of wine flowing [:-))]

Obviously I quickly realised my mistake  [Www]

Anyway, best of luck for your first week with us - what sort of 'regime' are you going to follow?  If you've been following this thread then you'll know that I'm a calorie counting fan.  I've been having a few weeks off - having lost 22lbs since the 2nd January - but I've now got the bit between my teeth and am raring to go again.

10lbs to go - watch this space!!!!

Hey, when I get to my 'goal' weight I'll even post some 'before' and 'after' photos [:-))]

Other Jan - you are a STAR [:D] - I'm so proud of you!

Have a great week Fiona - and everyone else!

Lynda x

Welcome Fiona - hope you enjoy the chats and support on this thread and it helps you reach your goal.

Back from the UK and not an ounce gained (not an ounce lost either).  Decided while I was in England to eat lots of fruit salads for my lunch when I got back because the weather was so glorious and what happened - rain and thunderstorms and back into socks and long sleeves.  Still won't stop me from doing the fruit thing though. 

I have been on the "plateau" since about 3 weeks into starting on this thread way back in January, but I'm determined that one day, it will all suddenly disappear (wishful thinking me thinks).

Anyway, well done to everyone else - keep going at it.

I've got to go now as thunder rumbling in the distance and I think it's heading this way and I need to switch off PC and unplug.

See you all next week.

Jan

Hi All.

Thanks for your support - off to a good start today so fingers crossed I don't slip come tonight!!  Off to France a week today and I always seem to do better over there as I feel the fruit & vegetables are so much fresher and tastier.  Looking forward to keeping in touch.

" Off to France a week today and I always seem to do better over there as I feel the fruit & vegetables are so much fresher and tastier. "

Fiona

In the U.K.you could try having a weekly organic veg. box. I think they are unbeatable for freshly picked veg. and heaps better that the (flown around the world) organic veg. often available in the U.K. supermarkets. I too like the vegetables in the French markets but I often feel their supermarket produce can be rather tired and mass produced.

Let me know if you need a contact for organic veg., box delivery.

Many many many thanks Lynda for the support and motivation. [kiss] Look forward to seeing your before and after photos, if (sorry) when I lose another 5 kilos I might post some pics.

Well done Jan not gaining anything in England. I know you'll understand when I say if I can get below the plateau I am certain you can. I can hardly believe it I am now 6 kilos lighter than last years plateau.

Blanche Niege , I once worked on a tomato farm in the UK supplying toms to a well known supermarket. They were planted in fibreglass and drip fed chemicals [:@]

A bit shattered tonight, car broke down and I had to walk 5 miles home and I had already done the 45 mins exercise [geek]

Hope we are all big losers this week

The Other Jan

Here we are again! What a change in the weather! Last week I was in a vest top and cut -off trousers, this week it's back into the jeans and jumpers.[:(] I much prefer the sunshine, makes me want to eat lots of fruit and salads,[:D] cold and damp makes me fancy chocolate![6] I have resisted though. I have lost another 1 lb this week, slow but steady! I have exercised 3 mornings (when the kids have been at school!) Hope you have all had a good week. Joy

WELL DONE JOY [:D]

Know what you mean about the weather. I am not as good as you, I have had a tiny bit chocolate and an Auberge meal. [6]

Can't believe it though I have lost another 2lbs, That's nearly half a stone in three weeks. I really am in a state of shock. [8-)]  Rosemary's book says there might be less weight loss this week but lots of inch loss. Waist has reduced by 3 inches!!!!! Have done a lot of physical work this week and also the exercises every day.

I am sooo happy [:D] Shorts are packed for the beach holiday, hope I can still get into them at the end of the holiday. Will try and be good.
Hope everyone else has had a good week

The Other Jan

Still slimming and smiling [:D]