Replacement drive chain and sprockets

socket

The time is rapidly approaching for the renewal of chain and sprockets . In the past I have always stuck with the original manufacturers replacement spare parts.  However this time I fancy trying a different brand .

There are a lot of manufacturers and suppliers out there which possibly offer better quality and price .

So , my question to you is ,  Any suggestions , recommendations on named brands and suppliers ?

No comments please from BMW , Moto Guzzi or Pan Owners  or anyother "dafty shafty " ( you really should'nt know about these things )

Regards  socket

We BMW riders had bikes with chains once you know. Judes Blackbird had one of those, with a Scottoiler, that is why I always rode in front of her on my BMW!

I think that most good quality chains will last these days provided that you don't buy too cheaply, the name DID springs to mind and I think that they used to supply most of the Jap manufacturers anyway.

I just knew that one or two of those "shafties" would have to make a comment .

Ok, let me deal with Bob T first . Whilst he was very "suttle" about riding infront of his wife on her Honda , he did however offer advice. So Bob, thank you and remember , I don't care what the others say about you, in my book you're ok .

Now , I come to YOU  Sunday Driver , I can understand that some of you may see the humour in his comment, but the real difference between sprocket and socket is that the second has the P and the R missing . these put together stand for "Practique Réponse" something he was unaware of , but used to being "shafted"

Regards socket

Don't forget fellow bikers, shaft or chain, we all have two wheels and in my book that makes us all the elite of the motoring world. How many car drivers stop for a chat when they see each other? I will quite happily lend a mechanical hand to any othe biker, but I don't have any chain lube I am afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
[:)] Socket if i can be of any help mate i go back to the uk every 2 weeks for 2 weeks i could bring ya one back so just go through the MCN and tell me where ya want me to get it from for ya will order it and pay on my card and ya can give me the cash back in euros ask Bug for my phone number , Here till next Sunday 11th march ok [:D] ok but sorry wont be a quick as DHL lol but bet its cheeper[:-))]

Hello Keithyboy,

Thanks very much for your kind offer , it was thoughtful of you . However I've already arranged with a pal of mine who is arriving on Friday , and bringing the chain kit with him . Out of interest I bought from B&C Express ( recommended by Mark ) who where found to be helpfull and efficient . However whilst the delivery cost in UK is only £3-00 to France it's £33-75 !

Have a good trip back, and remember to leave that new shiny battery on trickle charge ok

Look foward to seeing you soon on the next rideout

Regards socket