bmw re registration

juin

I have received a form from BMW France as I need an attestation to re register, the bike is 1999 reg. On the form it asks for "photocopie recto/verso du certificat d'immatriculation etranger". I thought I needed the attestation to obtain the immatriculation? Oh, they also want 150e as well!

Not sure what it is, but, before we got our CofCs from the UK, I enquired through BMW France. It seems that the bike must be checked and have the light, speedo and power output changed by a dealer who then gives you something to send back to BMW France before they issue a CofC. Perhaps that it is this that you are refering to.

Juin, have they ticked the 150€ box on your form. When I 'phoned BMW the lady I spoke to said the attestation was free (in my case). I assumed this was because of the age of the bike (1989). When I received the form I was surprised to see the bit about a fee of 150€ but then noticed that the box wasn't ticked so I'm still assuming I don't have to pay.

Charles,

I will have to check the form about the 150e, I haven't got it with me at the moment. I actually rang bmw fr and the lady I spoke to was very helpful, some of the documents  they had highlighted on the form aren't necessary but I didn't question the fee, I will look into this.

• 1 month later...

Hi

We took both our bikes to the BMW dealer in Rennes and they sorted all the paperwork out for us.

On the R1100s  we just adjusted the beam on the headlight but on the R1100r we needed to change the complete headlight unit.

The speedo's had mph and km ph on them so there was no need for them to be changed.

Hope this helps

gismo