48 hour U turn

Lehaut

• 11 months later...
On 13/08/2021 at 16:46, Lehaut said:

CT for motobikes etc by 2023, definitely this time! Cancelled within 48 hour by M Macron. Reason, now is not the time to annoy French people ie les motards!!

As it is still impossible to post a new topic on this forum I had to find an existing thread to hang this news item on.

The motorcycle CT planned for introduction in 2023 has been cancelled for good.

https://www.sudouest.fr/economie/transports/le-gouvernement-enterre-definitivement-le-controle-technique-des-deux-roues-11778470.php

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NickP said:

Sad that the forum is in a bit of a mess at the moment, lets hope they sort out.

I'm thinking how hard can it be to enable forum members to post new topics, surely that's the whole point of a forum?

I am a keen biker and try to keep my bike in road worthy condition, either myself or through a garage.  The mechanic there said many of the bikes he has in to do tyre changes would not past the CT.  Here in Nantes you see quite a few delivery scooters held together with masking tape - not a recognised repair.  Its difficult to justify, but the fear of more manifestations seems to do the trick in this one instance.

3 hours ago, Lehaut said:

I am a keen biker and try to keep my bike in road worthy condition, either myself or through a garage.  The mechanic there said many of the bikes he has in to do tyre changes would not past the CT.  Here in Nantes you see quite a few delivery scooters held together with masking tape - not a recognised repair.  Its difficult to justify, but the fear of more manifestations seems to do the trick in this one instance.

You may not be aware that the proposed but now cancelled CT for bikes was for all bikes over 125 cc,  so not including the death-trap scooters and mopeds that are either not maintained at all or suffer from teenage mechanic's attentions.

They were excluded from the proposed CT so as not to cause the riders who were mostly from low-income backgrounds, a financial burden apparently!

Being an apprentice trained engineer,  having worked for a well known engine manufacturer and subsequently a partner in an engine and transmission shop I carry out all my own maintenance on the basis that I take care of what I'm doing,  the majority of dealer workshops don't.