Photography in South East France

adrian777

Nice one Pads. There are some lovely views from the Pic du Nor. We will try to get up there next clear day!

I wasn't sure where to put this one, but being asit was taken in the SE, Villmoustaussou to be precise. It was an afternoon storm and the lightening had to be seen to be believed. This is not touched up or fiddled, only the date removed 'to protect the innocent' [6]

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Daylightlightening.jpg[/IMG]

Hi Pads, that was taken in October and the month before I got almost an hour of video and when I came to edit it down I only managed to get it to 40 Mins. All the rest was action. Not had as good a one as that since though. They occur almost anytime the Tramontane meets the Marin. The 2 winds don't seem to like each other and all hell lets loose. Absolutly wonderful.

If I could harness just 1 (one) of those lightening strikes we would have free electrificals for the rest of our lives! If you can see down into the Aude Valley from your place you will have a grandstand seat for the most spectacular fireworks in the place!!!

The best way to catch a lightening strike is at night in a completely dark place. Find out where the most lightening is happening, train your camera on that spot (a tripod and a remote shutter operator are essential) open the shutter until a strike happens, shut the shutter and if the camera was facing the right way you have a photo of a strike. Easy [8-|]...