Gite with artist studio

virginia

I am an artist (painter) and would like to rent a gite long term next September with an artist's studio. Any ideas of how to find such a property on the internet? I have only found one in Mayenne with a studio and would prefer stay in Tarn where I can paint the gorges and rivers. My subject is land/water, and our relationship with the earth, expecially ecology.

• 4 months later...

Hi Virginia

Can I suggest looking at the Vallee Borgne for inspiration on finding a place.

There are lots of gite places in and around the villges here and you would be able to find some some through the tourist office.

I've been staying here for almost a year now and hope to get set up soon as a working, earning artist. I've been toying with the idea of setting up some sort of group of artists with similar themes in the area.

Best wishes

Heather

I rented this place for 3 years - it's like living in a Snow Whites house.  They have recently renovated the barn in the garden into a wonderful artists studio.  The lady who owns it is a painter.  I was always really inspired artistically while living here - it's out of this world.

http://www.frenchconnections.co.uk/for_holiday_makers/accommodation/878.cfm

Twinks that place looks loverly, if I didnt have my own place Id want to stay there. I can certainly comfirm the area would be a wonderful place to paint. Sadley I cant [:(] but I do take hundreds of photos in this area it is stunningly beautiful.  

We had a lovely time when we lived there, there's an outdoor shower that looks out over the fields and often in the summer I used to sneak up on my husband while he showered (from April to September!) and pretend that the shepherdess was passing by.  I used to make him jump out of his skin everytime!!!  She was like Manon out of Manon Des Sources and used to leave us vegetables and sunflowers outside our door.

I can just see you there fluttering your wings in the morning sunlight , talking to the squirrels and passing bunnies , and helping mister moonface do up his shoes......................(sorry fell in to the faraway tree there for a min)[8-)]