Zip and Link Beds

Quillan

I am looking to buy a Zip and Link bed (I don't have a clue as to what they are called in French) i.e. two singles that you can join together via a zip (and probably some form of bracket) to make one big (possibley a King Size) bed if you want. I would be very interested to see some on a French internet site if possible, if not then a shop where they are sold (Dept 66 or 11).

I found this on the web, not sure if they will send direct to France but I do know a guy who does cheap part removals delivery to the south west, but I thought the prices look good.

http://www.mattressnextday.co.uk/mattress_zipped.php

Sorry I don't know how to fancy links where it just says click here.

• 2 weeks later...

Quillan

What are the prices like compared to the UK? Last time I was buying them they were mainly the foam type which I don't really want this time. with the exchange rate and everything I'm wondering if its more ecconmical to bring from the UK as our renovation budget is mainly in Sterling (but not all) When you set up was there anythings that you wish you had or did bring from the UK. Before anyone gets on my case I know you can get practically everything in France but sometime the cost is a lot more[;-)]

Do a search on google.fr using the phrase I posted, there are quite a few of them most under (in some cases well under) 1000 Euros with free delivery. If you buy in the UK then getting them here is something to think about especially if you are down south like us. The ones I am considering are 758 Euros for 2x80Wx200L anything bigger if you have a normal (French) sized room will look stupid (I tried 2x90cm, putting two standard singles side by side and they just don't look right). Also you need to take sheets in to account, it's a lot easier to get sheet for a 160 bed than a 180. It's not that 180 sheets don't exist it's that they seem to take a big jump in price and you really have to look around for them. Hope that helps.