Picalilli

Chancer

I am trying to find which store I bought a large jar of own brand Picalilli, it was very cheap and delicous.

In the meantime I have bought a very small and very expensive jar of Heinz but it doesnt taste anywhere near as good to me or perhaps my taste buds are being influenced by my wallet.

By my reckoning it would have been either Aldi, Lidl, Intermarché or Maxi-coop, the Heinz version is available in the latter two.

Aldi is my prime suspect as they stopped doing baked beans as soon as I bought and appreciated them[6]

Can anyone help me and tell me where I can find and end to my craving? There is also a French product that sits beside the Heinz Picalilli but without the lumps and it has a sort of radio-active colour, is that any sort of substitute?

Is is Hatherwood Piccalilli you're looking for?  If so then you can buy it at Lidl on the 24th September - they are having an English Week. 1euro19 for a kilo size jar and other stuff too.

I saw the ad in one of the TV guides last night and thought of you[:)]

I love you Twinkle [kiss] than you for thinking of me.

You really are an angel then?

My economy led taste buds are already salivating at the thought of €1.19 as opposed to €6.36 for the equivalent 4 jars of Heinz.

Looks like I will have to blow my cover at Lidl though.

Interestingly after the recent "American" promotion the side of the shop in Albert was plastered with tags and very large graffiti that said in (broken) English:

"AMERICANS RETURNS SAY F**K YOU ALBERT"  the asterix's were not present on the graffiti of course, I think perhaps they were trying to say "go back Americans, Albert says ..............."

Personally I am affronted that this has not yet been removed but only last night I watched a show on French MTV entitled "F**k you!" instaed of the original title "Strutter"