Where to buy bedding stuff?

meiklejohn

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Needing some plain bedding stuff (sheets,duvets pillows etc)

Can these items be bought in the big Supermarkets or is there a chain that would sell them?

I'll be travelling from limoges down the N21 towards La Reole and ideally there would be something close to the route.

Thanks

Auchan are good too.  Nice quality and generously sized fitted sheets etc (if that's of interest).  I have a matress pad and find theirs are some of the few sheets which fit and don't try to pop off all the time!

Online I like La Redoute myself if you're buying in Euros, otherwise I'm with Woolyb.

• 3 years later...
 I have bought excellent quality bedding in France and the prices have often been cheaper than the UK. It has lasted and lasted. And the single duvets and covers are a far more sensible size in France to boot! (But you need both the french duvet and cover)

There is a problem though,as different countries have different standard size beds. Double bed in the UK 135x190, France 140x190.

No 150x200 king size in France either unless you specially order it.

Having trudged round after other half ( she is a real dear) I agree that knowing the size of the bed is rather a priority when buying sheets.

I would agree with one of my sons, though, who has had considerable experience of living away from home. Taking him down to his new university, his priority was not whether his accommodation was OK, but whether he had packed his sleeping bag.

Nb have had 3.5 glasses of wine after having done everything OH has asked for.

I have had some problems with fit for our King size now called Queen (I think) sized mattress, but the biggest problem is not size but depth - English mattresses, at least ours, is much deeper, being an orthopeadic..  Cheaper sheets tend to not have the depth (talking fitted sheets here, sorry), but I bought some slightly more expensive ones and they seem ok. 

I  have also found it difficult to find polyester / cotton mix sheets which I prefer as easier to dry, nearly always cotton, flannelette or synthetic in France.

Carrefour do a good basic range, but it was their cheaper range which did not fit so well.