horses to ride

Fil

Hi,
I live near Josselin in 56 and have two horses that need riding. I am totally unmotivated at the moment, mainly because I have no-one to ride with. I did have a french friend, but she got herself a new boyfriend miles away so she hasn't ridden for ages. Basically, what I am after is someone who is a fairly experienced rider who knows a bit about stable management too (ie not a twit who has never put a bridle on herself) and can ride during the week while my son is at school rather than at weekends, although I can manage the odd weekend if I can sort a babysitter. I also drive one of the riding horses and a little pony but due to tractors etc do not want to do this alone so would like someone who would be happy to come out in the cart with me and act as groom - ie, jump out and hold the pony if we meet something a bit scary for her.
The horses are Hercules, who is a coloured irish cob - very handsome and very forward going and strong, but a great fun ride. Eclipse, out of an anglo arab and by a welsh section D and an excellent jumper. Penny, a welsh mountain pony who I drive but is rideable too - she is my little boy's pony but he is only three so far.
Send me an email if you are interested. I don't need any financial contribution, just someone to ride with.

Fil,
Your horses sound lovely, and your message made me wish we were near Josselin (instead of in Lancashire). I no longer keep my own horses, and the old hunter I've been exercising for the past few years has finally been retired. We decided, at 30, she'd done enough.

I know from experience how difficult it is to find the right person to share your horse with, and hope you find someone soon.

Elizabeth (99)

• 1 month later...