Anyone playing Bridge in the Aveyron or Tarn?

Francie

I want to get back into playing the card game Bridge and was wondering if there are any clubs or samll groups playing Bridge (in English) or individuals interested in getting together to play in the Aveyron (12) or Tarn (81)?

Please feel free to email or pm me with any information

I have posted this under a few topic headings in the hopes of finding others who might be interested.

Francis.

We play bridge, but are too far from you.

We joined a french bridge club in Mirande, and the people there were very welcoming. There was a cup of coffee at the start, and something stronger with things to eat at halftime  and at the end. It wasn't so difficult in french as they used the nonverbal bidding system, and the vocabulary you do need is quite small really. So my point is, if you don't get any response from english speakers, just try the french clubs.

We stopped going in the winter as they finish late and the drive home was a bit scarey.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Sorry that I did not see this post earlier. I live in the Ariège, so too far from you, but have been playing bridge down here for 6 years in local clubs. It's been a great way to integrate, make friends, and learn more French. The "standard francais" for bridge is not that complicated - it is based on 5 card majors with a strong no trump rather than ACOL. Checkout the FFB website (www.ffbridge.asso.fr) to find a club near you. I'm sure they would be happy to welcome you and to introduce you to the French system. There are plenty of  bridge books where the french is not difficult. The Le Bridgeur website is a good place to look although you may find things cheaper on Amazon. 

Best wishes

Jan Laury

• 2 months later...