Brass band - players needed

sid

We have a small brass band, currently 11 members 50/50 French/Brit, and we're looking for more recruits. The band has been going for over a year now and has played several concerts too.

We rehearse every Wednesday evening in Limalonges (79). This group is based on the traditional brass band formation which requires 24 players plus percussion and MD, it's not a "harmonie orchestre". We play brass band arrangements and we have an excellent MD.

If there are any brass players out there... WE NEED YOU! Please PM me.

I must go and do another hour's practice now.

Sid

[quote user="valB"]My husband has just contacted you [/quote]

Hi ValB

That's brilliant, thanks! I've checked my email but can't fnd any message; was it a PM or an email? I don't want to post my email address on here, but the email and PM buttons should work.

In case I don't receive your message, we meet at 8pm at the Salle des Fetes in Limalonges. It's the big new building, not too difficult to spot.

[quote user="valB"] ... and is totally over the moon as for three years  or more he has been trying to locate a Brass Band in our area. He will certainly be there next Wednesday.[/quote]

It was this lack of "brass" that prompted a couple of us to try and start a band. Our French members are particularly enthusiastic.

Looking forward to meeting your OH.

Sid