Bird strike

Jackie

Have put this in Post Bag too as I am not sure where it should go! We have a problem with birds flying into our windows and often not surviving the impact! This is particularly true of the large glass panes of the veranda. We have tried sticking things on the glass and dangling wind chimes in front but to no avail. I had just put up some wind chimes the other day when a large thrush flew into the glass just under the wind chimes and brained itself! So any good ideas folks to save a bird or two and our glass?.....................................John in Dept 79

Can they see right through the panes and out of the other side, ie: do they think it's a way through?

We used to get this with a through-lounge here in the UK, but it has stopped since I built the conservatory , and the birds can't see straight through any more.

If you have a wide window, and a straight through view, the only answer is drapes/curtains/shutters etc, on one side to block the view through.

Birds are NOT renowned for their intelligence, you know

On a slightly different note, we have just had a new uPVC back door fitted onto a barn development. Now, a blackbird perches on the door handle, and attacks it's image in the door, causing damage to the white painted door handle with its's claws.

We've left the handle with some insulation taped round it, and a criss-cross pattern of masking tape on the door to cut down it's image!!

"Bird-brained" says it all

Alcazar