Gardens between Tours and Poitiers

Pearl

Please can you help someone who is not yet currently living in France but hopes to one day.

I am visiting France on holiday and want to visit gardens located roughly between Tours and Poitiers around the end of August.

Through websites I have discovered Chateau de Chenonceaux, the Chateau de Villandry and the Chateau Angers. Does anyone know of any others worth visiting?

Grateful for any advice, website addresses etc.
Thanks in advance.

Pearl

Hi there

There is a most wonderful rose garden near Dou la Fontaine near Saumur it is on the Route de Cholet and called Les Chemins de la rose.

There are all varieties of rose, ancient, modern, scented etc and I thoroughly recommend purchasing a small bottle of their essential rose oil - it is exquisite!!

Open from 12 May - 17 Sept between 9.30 and 19h Entry fee for adults equivalent to about 3.50.

Doue la Fontaine is worth a visit itself - it has an ampitheatre and a lot of roman remains - also an excellent small restaurant where the locals eat and you can get a 5 course meal for about 1050

Enjoy your garden visiting.

Carole (16)

I agree with Carole about the rose garden. I haven't visited myself but a friend of mine is always talking about it! Villandry is also well worth seeing. Although I have visited the area I can't remember the names of any other gardens but the easiest way to find out is to visit the local tourist offices and ask them for leaflets, or if you have time, write or e-mail them.

Liz (29)