WTB: Eau Grison aka Lime Sulphur aka ...

Zap

New to these boards.  Looks great.  Fingers crossed ...

I live in Paris and am looking for a source for Lime Sulphur.  It was easy to find back in Canada --hard not to find it actually, every gardening store had bags of the stuff-- but I can't for the life of me find it here.  It's an old-school fungicide used to treat wintering roses, fruit trees and bonsais.

My research indicates that the old French name for it is "Eau Grison".  It is actually calcium polysulfide or "polysulphure de calcium" and is also known as "bouillie sulfo-calcique" (or BSC), "bouillie nantaise", sulfure de calcium, etc.

Any assistance in finding this stuff would be much appreciated.  As I said I live in Paris but I'd be happy to order or commute if that turned out to be the way to get ahold of the stuff.

Merci,

Zap

HI

I can't say I have seen what you are looking for but you could always try (Traitement d'hiver) on the fruit trees which you can find at any garden centre. On peach trees I always use Anti-cloque which stops the leaf curl.  My roses I just spray with bouillie bordelaise when I spray the vines this seems to keep black spot and moulds away.  Not sure about bonsais as I don't have any.

Hope this helps

CaroleS (16)

Thank you for the suggestions Carole.  If it comes to that I'll try these but I'd rather stick with what I know if at all possible.

I can't believe that finding this stuff is so difficult.  The French didn't "invent" Eau Grison but they sure made it the fungicide of choice for almost 100 years.  Ah well, the quest continues.

Zap