lettuces

londoneye

my neighbour handed me the most magnificent example of a lettuce a couple of days ago, large, colourful, intact !!

Thinking to return the favour i went skipping down to the vegetable patch, to collect a couple of little gem lettuces, thinking she might not be growing those herself .... only to find that they are well shredded is  the only way i can describe them.     After spending the day mumbling to OH under breath about my show-off neighbour (who is actually a very kind french lady!) I calmed down and inspected my miserable efforts only to find what seems to be an ear-wig infestation - what can i get please to get rid of the little b*****s?

sorry to post so many things.

heh heh are you the only one who reads my trivial questions!

i can think of many ways of disposing of them - thats once i have ripped the baby mouse out of cats mouth (currently running around with) and my jumper out of puppy's mouth (ditto).

perhaps i will just buy lettuces in future, after all they are not very expensive, or wait for neighbour to take pity on me again (I think she saw my veggie patch and couldnt believe the sad state of it!).    Is  it only lettuces they are partial to, if so i am going to give up - if its everything else as well then its war!