Seedless Grape Vines

cheminot

Is there any particular reason for wanting seedless? I only ask because the pips are really good for you.. I'm not kidding.

The French don't seem to go for them. I can't even remember seeing them for sale in the supermarkets? That's probably why they are reluctant..

We bought ours about 8 years ago from a UK supplier, on the Isle of Wight I think but can't be certain. They were delivered to a UK address and then forwarded. The crops have been fairly good, very sweet grapes but with a rather tough and sometimes bitter skin I think probably due to lack of watering.

Our local LeClerc has had South American seedless grapes on sale during the last two years but I haven't seen any so far this year.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Is there any particular reason for wanting seedless? I only ask because the pips are really good for you.. I'm not kidding.

The French don't seem to go for them. I can't even remember seeing them for sale in the supermarkets? That's probably why they are reluctant..

[/quote]

Funny enough our local epiciere denied the existence of "raisins sans pepins" and seemed shocked and horrified when I said we had them all the time in the UK.  I explained that it was the same sort of thing as Jaffa oranges but she didn't seem convinced as she fixed me with her beady eyes whilst glancing at the calendar to see that it wasn't Poisson d'Avril!!

Valerie