Rugger off giboulées

woolybanana

Now then that is enough cold winds and hail stones, time you ruggered off and let me get on with the garden.

Chased me off terrace cleaning today as well as planting out. Cant even put young plants out as they will get flattened.

So, go away for the year.

Or I shall do a Violet Elizabeth, or a Norman!?

I was cosy and warm too but worried about the early plantings and about seedlings in the greenhouse. But, so far so good, the worst seems to have gone over for the moment.

Maybe, soon, I shall be able to get some of the seedlings outside to acclimatize a bit and, preferably clear the kitchen worktops a bit. But the propogators are really happy to be outside in the sun as long as they come in at night.

Well that's what comes from choosing to live in one of the parts of France most exposed to the 'weather'!
I was talking to my friend in the Gers yesterday and she said the farmers are worried there because of the weeks of warm dry weather.
Here's a video which tells you what you should be doing now in the potager;
https://www.rustica.fr/tv/plantations-potager-avril,8136.html
But again, it depends where you live. Sadly our gardening days are almost over, though I might plant a few beetroots soon. My favourite.

Well, even here the farmers have been complaining that the aquifer is very low.

I have held back on planting beans and toms so far which is just as well ‘cause there was a sharp frost last night, apparently. I was snug in my bed until long after it had gone though.

Why stop gardening! Use raised beds and pots if necessary or a grandson to do the heavy work. I hope I’ve got another few years left in the garden.